Register with Cinnamon Shore to get exclusive discounts and vacation news.
1) Try this simple sand remover. Sprinkle baby powder on sand-covered feet to make the sand slip right off.
2) Seal up your smartphone. Just place your phone in a zip-top bag, and it’s safe from splashes and sand. You can still text and surf your favorite sites. Hip2Save does warn it’s not 100 percent waterproof.
3) DIY ice packs. Fill water balloons and freeze for the cooler. Once they melt, let the kids have at it on the beach – away from other sunbathers!
4) Stick-on, temporary “tattoos” to keep kids safer. These peel-and-stick labels help I.D. lost kids on busy beaches. Just write name and phone number and apply the made-for-the-beach stickers to forearm, just in case a child wanders away.
5) Aloe vera ice cubes. Frugal Coupon Living gives a shout-out to TheDumbbelle.com for the idea of freezing aloe vera gel in silicone ice cube trays, available in all sorts of shapes. If you do have a sunscreen fail, these cool cubes can bring relief. Note: Seek medical attention for severe burns.
6) Making a “lei” out of colorful sponges. Feeling crafty? Cut household sponges into triangles and thread the pieces onto sturdy string to make a necklace. Then dip the “lei” in Gulf waters and wear it to keep cool.
7) Hiding valuable in empty sunscreen bottle. Washed and dried and ready to disguise your stuff, the right used sunscreen container hides your valuables in plain sight.
8) Ensure your pet has shade. The site warns some dogs can get sunburned just like their people. Provide shade and consider investing in dog sunscreen, available here.
9) Line your trunk or cargo hold with an old bed sheet. Throw in the beach gear for the drive home, unpack, and then simply shake out sheet.
10) Go for audiobooks. With apps like Audible, it’s easy to opt for headphones and relax as someone reads you the story. Avoid the mess of sandy, dripping beachgoers stepping on your hardback or the pain of trying to read a paperback in the bright, sunny glare.
Cinnamon Shore Realty
122 Market Street
Port Aransas, TX 78373
Join our email list for exclusive updates on vacations, real estate and community events.
© 2023 Cinnamon Shore Rentals.
5009 Highway 361, Port Aransas, TX 78373 US.
Website design by Scurto Marketing